Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Trainer's Methodology for conducting a Training Game/Activity


1. Attracting and Intriguing - First, we grab the learner's attention with sounds, visuals, power openings, game boards, etc (Learner’s response - "Hey…I'm interested in learning.").

2. Jump-Starting - Next, we give participants just enough information to get the experience started (Learner’s response - "OK, I'm ready to learn.").

3. Brain-churning = Learning - Guided small-team activities get learners thinking, doing, analyzing and questioning (Learner’s response - "Wow…I wonder why…if…how…?").

4. Discovering and Concluding during Debriefing - Participants discuss ideas, draw conclusions and develop insights (Learner’s response -"Ah-ha, I get it!”).

5. Bridging and Connecting - Learners transfer the experiences and insights to real workplace issues and bridge to follow-up action on the job (Learner’s response -"Now I know what to do, so I plan to…”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here